Pet Pain Management
At LRVSS, we believe pain is not acceptable.
At Lehigh Regional Veterinary, we are very generous with pain medications and always say “pain is not acceptable.”
Pain management is Dr. Zeltzman’s top priority when it comes to caring for your pet before, during, and after surgery. Our staff is dedicated to giving the most up-to-date pain management alternatives:
- Sedatives to keep your pet calm and stress-free before surgery.
- An anti-nausea medication.
- Morphine-like pain medication in the IV fluid, so your pet gets a micro-dose in each drop before, during, and after surgery (and overnight).
- If applicable, a pain medication in the joint before and after surgery.
- If applicable, Nocita, a pain medication injected by Dr. Zeltzman around the surgery site to numb it for up to 3 days (similar to the Novocaine you get at the dentist, except that it’s out of your gums in an hour!).
- But wait, there’s more! We will send your pet home with 2 or sometimes 3 pain medications.
- Your pet will also receive antibiotics before, during, and after surgery.
Regardless of the procedure, our aim is to keep your pet as comfortable and safe as possible.