Lehigh County Veterinary Careers
Looking for something new? Apply below to join our team.
We may be looking for the next rock star to join our team.
Are you a rock star? Are you a unicorn? Are you a SuperTech? Then you might have what it takes to work at LRVSS as a CVT or a nurse assistant. Only experienced veterinary nurses (certified or not) should apply. Be aware that we are very strict in our selection process. We only hire the best of the best to take excellent care of our patients and clients.
Please specify if you’re interested in day or night shifts. Please apply by completing the form below or send your resume, motivation letter, and references to [email protected] or simply attach all 3 below.
On a good day, we make a difference. On a great day, we save a life.™
Why work at Lehigh Regional Veterinary Surgical Specialty?
At LRVSS, our mission is to provide exceptional patient care and customer service. We do this by recruiting the best talent available.
You will need to share our mission, vision & core values, exceed our extremely high expectations and embrace our team approach so that together, we can make a difference.
Why We're Different
- We are the only 100% surgery center with a Board-certified surgeon in the region.
- We’re only open on Tuesdays (with an overnight nurse until Wednesday AM)
- We’re the second practice of its kind in PA
- We only do specialty surgery (TPLOs, fractures, challenging soft tissue cases, etc.)
- We follow Fear Free/low-stress handling principles
- High-level anesthesia (running ISO at 0.75% during a TPLO is not unusual)
- High-level pain management – every patient gets half a dozen pain management modalities
- High-level patient care – each pet gets TLC – QID – no joke
- High-level customer service
- We have all the toys (including capnography & BP)
- We’re almost paperless. Our software is Rhapsody (very easy to learn)
- A clear commitment to looking after each other, our clients, and their pets
- We’re a tight-knit team focused on setting the bar very high for veterinary surgery and anesthesia in the Harrisburg Region
- Most patients are healthy & stable
- Our X-ray gowns have unicorns (yep, seriously)
- No phones to answer!
What You’ll be Doing
- Patient admission
- Participate in am & pm rounds
- Work closely with the surgeon
- Patient prep (from IVC placement to recovery)
- Scrub in for surgery
- Monitor anesthesia
- Treatments & patient care
- Dispense meds & supplements
- Maintain medical records
- Take X-rays
- Grow your skills
- Huge focus on the team
- Pet care discounts
- A lunch break is mandatory
- Bio-breaks are mandatory
- Strong culture
- Learning & growing
- Huge autonomy
- High income
- On the job training
- Super modern practice
- An amazing team to work with!
- Team activities
- Efficient workflow
- Fun is one of our 10 core values
- You will become a much stronger employee in your regular job
- Gifts & surprises!
- No phones to answer!
Skills You Need to Have
- Passion for the profession
- Strong communication
- Time management skills
- Commitment to learning and growing
- Excellent client service
- High-quality work
- Compassionate patient care
- Attention to detail
- Excellence as a goal
- Team spirit
- Positive attitude
- Fear free or low-stress handling (we can teach you that)
- Strong understanding of sterility (we can teach you that)
What other nurses said about working with Dr. Zeltzman.
It’s been a little under a year since I have worked with Dr. Zeltzman, but the experience I have gained is lifelong. Not only has this been one of the best experiences I have been given, but I have learned so much. I can move forward in my career in vet med with confidence after all the teaching experiences I’ve been given by Phil and the staff. Our patients receive exceptional care – with a loving touch. I love coming to work and not only becoming a better nurse but becoming a better person working with Phil and the team. You will have fun and laugh and learn so much. You will become a better nurse and, most importantly, a better person.
I have definitely gained so much after working with you. I’ve gotten so much better with X-rays, CRIs, anesthesia, scrubbing in, and client care. Working with you really gave me a chance to bloom in those areas. I had not done as much surgery before. Thanks to you, I was able to grow my anesthesia skills. Building confidence is a huge key mentally that you can achieve anything you put your mind to. I feel good about what I’m doing and what I’m capable of! Thank you for allowing me to work with you.